How did we take a brand’s goal to pivot their commercial content from infomercial messaging to a nostalgic connection with their target audience while educating them on the benefits of a product that’s existed since 1989?
Enter stage right: The “Before Its Time” content campaign.
Before diving into the visuals, we worked with The Amazing Whip-It to determine what we wanted to achieve with this campaign. The first step was laying out the content goals, which included:
- Brand awareness. Get attention leveraging micro-content (aka – bite-sized packs of content for quick engagements)
- Content engagement. Drive authentic interest through relatable, differentiating, and fun-clean-good social content pillars. Give audiences a reason to follow, interact, shop, and share user-generated content (UGC).
- Conversions. Generate views, then turn impressions into sales.
The Concept – “Before Its Time”
In an effort to reach the target market (U.S., women, age 40-55, interested in the ‘New Clean Freaks’ movement), we aimed to highlight a recognizable and relatable period in history to associate nostalgia with the features and benefits of Amazing Whip-It Products.
Some of our favorite headline samples:
- Super Powered Essential Oil Formula Used By Mario and Luigi to Defeat Set-In Stains… And Bowser
- Cruelty Free, unlike the pinch you get when you would close the metal rings of your trapper keeper
- Biodegradable ingredients makes cleaning your track suit fashionable